- Presents the value IT is delivering to the business in an understandable format
- Discovers the complex dependencies between Services, Components and Providers
- An understanding is built between business and IT thanks to the combination of Business service catalogue and Technical service
- Enables assigning responsibility to people from IT or business of Services, Components as well Providers
- The Service Catalog structure is an important prerequisite for working with service request management
- Provides list of services which will be transitioned to the operations in the future (planned services)
- Serves as source of information about retired services which can serve in planning new services.
- Retired services can be reactivated in the future and by maintaining and archiving their information, it shortens their introduction time.
Estimated reading time: < 1 min